Many plants can be poisonous to dogs even though many dogs like chewing on them.
If you dog eats part of plant, and you aren't sure if it is poisonous, look inside its mouth and see if you notice any soars forming or excessive drooling. Run water into its mouth using a slow stream like from a hose. If you are indoors use a turkey baster with the idea to rinse the mouth and remove any toxins from the plan. Your next step is to immediately call a veterinarian or emergency care hospital for advice.
If you can't immediately reach a vet call the ASPCA poison control center. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A fee of $60 may be charged to your credit card. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, make the call that can make all the difference: (888) 426-4435.
Symptoms of Eating a Poisonous Plant for Dogs
Symptoms associated with toxic dog plants are listed to the most common varieties. These include:
- caustic or a burning effect in the mouth and throat - vomiting - diarrhea - heart arrhythias - kidney damage - liver damage - tremors - seizures
Good sources for pictures of poisonous plants include: